Way way back on January 1, 2013 I shared a little list of my 2013 DIY Goals. Did we complete them all, or did we fail miserably? Here’s a little recap of what was on my list, and how we did:
- Build Coffee Bar – Yay! We actually managed to do this one (mostly). We installed Ikea cabinet boxes, bottom doors & shelves, then as-is bargain bottom drawers. We added open wood shelving to the uppers, painted the upper cabinet backs, made cover panels, made a concrete countertop and tiled the backsplash. Whew! It just needs glass upper cabinet doors to finish it off.
- New Kitchen/Coffee Bar Countertops- YAY! We managed to do this one too, and they look great! The main kitchen also got a cabinet extension, new sink and new backsplash.
- Reno the laundry room – Uhh nope. Haven’t even started! This one needs a bucket load of Dricore flooring panels, flooring, some self leveling cement, masonry paint, and that’s before we even get to the pretty stuff. I was a bit underestimating of this task, and we might accomplish it in say the next decade. haha
- Finishing the upstairs hallway – I kinda got stuck on this one, it simple, but haven’t gotten down to doing it. I need some paint, art, a plaint or two and some carpet runners.
- Building a patio for the backyard & some landscaping – we got a bunch of bricks, but that’s where it stopped. Maybe in 2014?!
- Re-configuring our living space, and finally purchasing/building some grown up furniture for the living room – YAY! we kinda did this one. We moved our cable line, switched up the layout, bought/diy’ed some side tables, lights & made the media cabinet. I would still like a new sofa, an ottoman & an area rug, but we at least made a start. We also did a couple art projects for this room that I promise I will show you soon.
All in all I don’t think we did that bad! This year had me working longer hours at the office, which definitely hindered progress on projects and posts. Next year however I will make a bit more realistic goals!